What should I do if my wallet is lost or stolen?
If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:
- Visit https://www.transunion.com/fraud-alerts or call one of the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax: 1-800-525-6285, Experian: 1-888-397-3742 and TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289) and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Report a lost or stolen TCT debit or credit card: 1-800-721-8288
- File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where your wallet was stolen.
- Who should I contact if my debit card is lost or stolen?
- What should I do if my checks were lost or stolen?
- What should I do if I think I've been a victim of identity theft?